Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Gunnie likes turtles, too

My bluetick coonhound, Gunnie, sure does like turtles. I found her one day in the backyard, trying to get this turtle to play with her...as you can imagine, the turtle didn't want to play, and I was getting tired of hearing her bark, so I brought the turtle in and filmed this video. I thought it was hilarious. Maybe you'll find it annoyingly cute?



I ended up putting the turtle in our front yard as a way for it to escape. A couple hours later, I saw it hiding out in our plants around the big tree. The next day, it somehow found its way back into the fenced-in backyard. How? Hmmm, I guess I'll never know. Gunnie was barking at it again, so I picked it up, and put it back in the front yard. It rained later that day, and I saw it hiding under the same plants near the big tree. Then I never saw it again. I wonder where it scurried off to?

I should've kept him as a pet. My childhood best friends had 2 turtles as pets - I remember helping them clean out their tank once a month. They were really smelly. Are all turtles smelly?

A few years ago, I found and kept a frog as a pet for 2 or 3 days. I even went to PetSmart to get him some crickets to eat. But then I realized that if I really wanted to keep him as a forever pet, I'd have to get a tank and spend a bunch of money that I didn't have. So I set him free.

Someday I'd love to have a tropical fish tank, and maybe a snake. Ahh, the wonder of animals! If I could afford to have a houseful of critters of all types, I would!

But for now, I'll just stick with my hound dog lover-girls. Gunnie and Taylor provide enough love for now.

No comments: