Sunday, December 2, 2007

Cooooo-Kieeee Monster loves making homemade cookies!

Yesterday, I whipped up quite a mess in my kitchen with my friend Josh. We had been invited to a Cookie-Swap party by Kim and Jason. I found 2 great recipes online:

a Butterscotch/Toffee cookie that Josh made, and a Rocky Road cookie that I made.

We had a lot of fun making them. Josh said he hadn't made cookies since he was in the 6th grade.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Butterscotch/Toffee cookies took a long time to bake. The recipe called for an oven temp of only 300 degrees. It took about 25 minutes for the cookies to set enough. But they came out scrumptious!

Here's the finished product:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I didn't get any pics of the Rocky Road cookies, but let me assure you they were excellent!

I had to take 3 mini-marshmallows and roll up the dough around them, and no matter how much flour I put on my hands before, after 1 dough ball roll, I had tons of dough all stuck to my hands. Of course we made jokes about how gross it looked...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's Josh using his strong swimmer arms to mix up the batter.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was a very fun day of cookie baking and socializing at the Cookie Swap party. Hope you enjoyed reading...

1 comment:

Brian Pace said...

Hey Lady D

This is Brian Pace in South Florida, I got your email.

I was looking at the trianglemtb forum and saw you updated your blog. I"m moving back in January and I'm going right back into racing, so I'm going to need you to show me around because I plan to hit all the trails when I get there.

I put your blog on my list of riders I know and follow. Keep posting I love your sense of humor.

Check out my blog, I spent half the year racing, and posted pics.

Take Care

Pacer