Saturday, September 22, 2007

2nd annual DAMA E-O-S party

Click below to see a "remix" of pictures from the 2nd Annual DAMA End-of-Summer BBQ

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r153/norcal2carolina/?action=view&current=23535654.pbr

It was really hot that day - I don't know exactly how hot, but let's just say HOTT. Above 100 degrees. I had reserved the big picnic shelter at the West Point on the Eno park in North Durham - the BBQ started at noon.

Rob grilled the food, everyone brought something to share. We had all kinds of goodies - watermelon, cookies, pasta salads, some yummy dips and lots of Gatorade and waters.

After we ate, it was time to participate in the scavenger hunt. So I split the group up into 2 teams and pitted them against each other to see who could find the hidden items, answer the questions, and work together to finish first. This time, there were prizes for the winning team. (coupon for a FREE small LocoPop)

It was so hot that some people didn't participate in the scavenger hunt, and that is my only sadness about the whole day. It was just too dang hot to really enjoy ourselves.

The whole BBQ gathering lasted for about 3 hours, then we all went home to rest in our air-conditioned homes. I fell asleep, woke up dehydrated. Grrr. At about 7pm, I went outside and the temp had fallen to about 78, pretty nice for late August. I thought to myself, hmmm, maybe next year we'll have the BBQ at dinnertime? But I don't know if the park stays open after dark?

Someone (Greg?) got everyone to pitch in for a thank-you gift for me. So I got a really nice note full of "thanks Danielle, swimming with DAMA is so much fun!" and the like, and I got a super nice gift card to a restaurant called Four Square - which I've heard is really good. Thanks to all who pitched in to get that gift!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy seeing the pics from the BBQ. It took me forever to successfully publish that "remix" thing of pics - the site kept stalling while I was adding the captions to the pics. All total, I spent probably an hour putting it together!

Whew...who knew this blogging thing would take up so much time?

No comments: