Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas Recap

Christmas was really nice this year. I was off work from Dec 24-26, while Rob was unfortunately only off on Christmas Day. I don't like the retail hours, but Rob is happy with his job and it pays the mortgage...so I guess I shouldn't complain.

My favorite part of Christmas is the shopping I get to do for other people. It's so fun to waste away half a day, or even a whole day if my work schedule allowed it, shopping. I shopped for gifts for our nieces Payton and Lauren, gifts for Marshall and Karen, my parents and Rob's mom, and Rob.

We made plans for Marshall and Karen to come over to our house for Christmas. Karen was home in NJ, and flew back into RDU in the early afternoon. Marshall and puppy Dumplin' came over around 2, followed by Karen an hour later. We watched "Superbad" on our new high-def LCD TV - which we love...what a step up from our old TV which my Mom bought for me at the Goodwill while I was a senior in college. Here's the new TV.

Photobucket

After the movie, Rob fired up the grill for these awesome steaks I'd bought at Whole Foods. I got 2 strip steaks and 2 ribeyes, and I made an awesome marinade that the steaks sat in for about 20 hours before cooking. I made some mashed potatoes and steamed some fresh green beans. Pretty easy cooking. But delicious.

Then we played Outburst for a bit, before they left to go home. It was a really nice Christmas.

Rob had to work the opening shift at work the next morning and he had to process a bunch of returns and exchanges, and a lot of people were using their Perf gift cards.

I loved the gifts Rob got me - especially my new purse. Check it out, it matches my laptop bag. I love my new Chrome purse!
Photobucket

The big gift I got Rob was a really nice pair of leather UGG clogs - Rob's been asking for clogs for a long time. He can't wear flip flops outside, at least in the winter, when he just needs to run outside for a quick thing like checking the mail or running to Food Lion for some milk. I had to special order them through Nordstrom - this guy who swims on DAMA, he works in the mens shoe dept there and he hooked me up.

Anyway, it was a really nice Christmas. Next blog: New Year's Eve Eve party Recap.

Now, I'm heading out to go mountain bike with Rob and Marshall. Hopefully I'll get a pic or two, or a video of something cool.

No comments: